Monday, March 6, 2017

Getting Back into the swing of things

1) Examine how you approach searching for a topic.   
How I approached searching for a topic is going onto the prsd website and searching for my topic in the databases. I searched Child Life Services and a lot of articles came up that were very interesting.

2) Provide at least TWO tips for others searching for articles.
Search around for different articles and skim through them before picking them because you may come across better articles.

Use different websites or databases, don't just get articles from the same place. You want information from different places that you could eventually compare or contrast.

3) Be honest, what do you think of annotated bibliographies?  
I don't think anything bad of them personally, I think they help get an idea of what the article is about.   It can get annoying eventually if there are a lot of articles one is citing.

4) What was the most productive day this week, and why?

The most productive day this week was gathering my articles and writing my annotated bibliography. I feel like I worked the most those two days, and was very focused.

5) What was the least productive day this week, and why? 
There was one day where I was not productive when I should have been. I believe it was Tuesday and then Wednesday and Thursday I got myself together and became productive. 

2 comments:

  1. Julia Tocci and I are also researching a topic relating to young children, and I agree with you about the annotated bibliographies that they can be helpful but a lot to handle if you have a lot of articles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to be able to recognize when you are not productive, and it is even better when you can get yourself back on track.

    ReplyDelete