Monday, April 3, 2017

Blog 10

Something that has frustrated me is the fact that I took a lot of time and thought into processing a letter to send to possible places to shadow. I sent out at least 6 letters and not a single person got back to me. Therefore, I had to revert to a plan B. I am going into a place this week to talk to the manager of a child department to figure out my service hours. Although I know where I am going, it took longer then it should have and I just got a little frustrated when no one was returning my emails or calls.

My biggest time waster would probably be some of the Google classroom work, sometimes it was a force to complete those. During the time of getting those done I could have been more productive in reading my book or writing my research paper.

I deal with stress by looking at the big picture. I remind myself that I am almost done with school and that if I push myself and try to avoid all the stress, it will pay off in the end. I do one thing at a time and not overwhelm myself more.

I am currently all caught up in everything. However, the past month I have been a little bit behind because of stress. I know it's no excuse but a mix of stress and the fact that senior year is almost over is not a good mix. I think when I go off to college all the stress will go away because most of my stress comes from finishing this year on a good note- trying to do that on top of working 5 days a week right after school, from working going straight to practice 3 days a week and most nights I don't get home till 9-10 and then I have no motivation to do work that late. Eventually I won't be working or doing sports anymore and my stress will decrease. I plan to get all my homework done in school the rest of the year and try my best to stay on top of things.

2 comments:

  1. Something similar happened with my project too, it took a really long time to figure out where to go and when to do the project at the place. Balancing work and school and sports is really hard, so I really hope that you're right that once we get to college there wont be as much to stress about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are frustrated by people not getting back to you, but I am glad that you had a plan b. As far as the time wasters and Google classroom...okay the packets might have been time consuming, but they were useful...I seem to remember many times in the library redirecting you from your phone or chatting....so time wasting begins elsewhere

    ReplyDelete